A special tour to visit the South of Vietnam in 6 days will give a memorable vacation. Taking interesting itinerary through Mekong Delta provinces such as Can Tho, Tay Ninh, Saigon. Learning about the Vietnam war and Vietnamese people’s lives. Moreover, you will have chances to explore famous floating markets like Cai Rang market and Phong Dien market.
Highlights of Southern Break 6 days
- The visit to the most famous places of interest in Saigon
- A cultural tour to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple
- A half day shopping tour around Ben Thanh, Cho Lon Market and China Town
- An overnight in homestay in Can Tho to enjoy and learn more about the daily life of Southern people
- An exciting cruise to visit Cai Rang and Phong Dien Floating market together with others destinations in the region
- Group package
- Private package
Itinerary details of Southern Break 6 days
Day 1: Saigon – Arrival
Arrival in Tan Son Nhat airport, pick you up and transfer to your hotel.Free at your leisure. Overnight at hotel in Saigon.
Day 2: Saigon – Tay Ninh – Cu Chi (B, L)
Full day visit to two famous destinations in the Southern including Tay Ninh and Cu Chi. Leave Saigon, we visit the headquarter of Cao Dai in Tay Ninh. This religion was founded in 1923 and now the population of over 2 million members. On arrival, we see the ornate temple and attend the fantastic mid-day service when the followers fill the hall wearing colored robes, a symbol of the curious combination between the Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism.
Cu Chi Tunnels, an incredible underground network constructed by Vietnamese fighters during the long struggle for independence. The tunnels contained hospitals, plus accommodation and schools, and were used as a military base for the Vietcong in the Vietnam war. Back to the city after the visit. Overnight at hotel in Saigon.
Day 3: Saigon – Mekong (B, L)
08.00 – Pick up at your hotel and depart for My Tho. Take the boat ride through the Bao Dinh natural canal; view houses on stilts and the fruit plantation along the river bank. Visit the My Tho wholesale fruit market. Proceed to the Tortoise island. Lunch served in the heart of the orchard. Enjoy the nice boat ride through the Tan Thach natural canal in Ben Tre, cruise under the shadow of the water coconut trees. Visit the family where you can experience the agricultural lifestyle. Trekking through the fruit plantation in Thoi Son island, enjoy the rowing boat ride along the creeks before returning to My Tho by motorized boat. Proceed to Can Tho. Dinner on guests ‘account. Overnight at homestay in Can Tho.
Day 4: Phong Dien – Cai Rang – Saigon (B, L)
06.30 – After breakfast, take the morning boat trip to visit the Phong Dien floating market with the busy scene. Keep cruising through the small channels systems, visit the rice noodles making village. Experience the “Monkey Bridge “in the Delta. Visit the second floating market of Cai Rang.
Break time for lunch. Return to Saigon via Vinh Long to visit the local snake market. Overnight at hotel in Saigon.
Day 5: Saigon – City tour (B, L)
Visit Independence Palace, the War Remnant’s Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post.
Afternoon the visit to Ben Thanh market, Cho Lon, Chinese town and market. Here you can experience our Vietnamese Southern daily life. We will back to the hotel after visiting Giac Lam pagoda (or Thien Hau Pagoda). Overnight at hotel in Saigon.
Day 6: Saigon – Departure (B)
Free time until transfer to the airport for departure flight. End of services.
- Free pickup/drop off at hotel for private tour
- Free pickup at centrally located in backpacker’s area for group tour
- Similar service will be provided subject to availability
- Inform in advance if you need vegetarian/ special request
- Bring passport to check in hotel on the day of travel
- Entrance fees
- Boat trip in Mekong
- Water and wet tissue
- Homestay in Can Tho
- Hotels accommodation
- English speaking guides
- Pick up and see off services
- All transfers per program (A/C vehicles)
- Meals as indicated (B: breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner)
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Extra food and beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
- Visa & flight arrangement (optional)
- Other meals not indicated in the itinerary